Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Me, My World, and I (our early November book choice)

Often, the beauty in art is in its meaning
Me, My World, and I 
A.V. Barber

This book is a wonderful companion for the upcoming colder months, but don't limit yourself to Autumn, Winter reading. The author has captured wonderful settings and placed them to words, accompanied with dashing images. We recommend you buy two copies, one for your summer home and one for your posh city dwelling.  
 
Sample
I bet you have never considered that, in at least some ways, you are a lot like an onion. That's not to say that you smell or make people cry - rather, what is on the surface is not always the entire story.
Like an onion, we have numerous layers. Each layer is different, and no layer is more important than the another.
 
If the key to enjoying poetry is making a connection on the basis of interpretation, I am guessing that people will form links for all manner of different reasons.
 
Often, the beauty in art is in its meaning. 
 
Our reviews are conducted by a team of three: an actor/director, a computer geek,and a writer.

 Images from Me, My World, and I
Three of our favourites ...

A Call To Springtime
Just the Rain
Portrait of a Summer's Morn

BUY Me, My World, and I
Next spotlight The Princeton Rugby Guy (our book of October, 2012) and an interview with the author of Solitary Fire.  Author A.V. Barber's Twitter  @AVBarber

1 comment:

  1. You speak right to my heart. The book 'Me, My World and I' is just wonderful - the read of the year I'm tempted to say. My suggestion is: download one copy on your note pad and buy a hardback for your coffee table to impress your friends!

    And just imagine, the good work of Andrew Barber already made its way down to Switzerland - and his book is very much appreciated here :-)

    ReplyDelete